MASTERS FELLOWSHIP IN MICRO-ENDODONTICS (MFM)
Commencement (Batch 3) – January 2021 – June 2021 (Part-Time)
ABOUT THE PROGRAM :
- The “MASTERS FELLOWSHIP IN MICRO-ENDODONTICS” (MFM) is duly affiliated & accredited by SAVEETHA UNIVERSITY, Chennai.
- Candidates who have completed MDS – Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics Degree or any Equivalent graduation in Endodontics from any Recognized University are ELIGIBLE.
3. The Program duration is 6 months (PART-TIME).
4. The Program will be conducted jointly by SAVEETHA DENTAL COLLEGE and ACCESS DENTAL INSTITUTE, Chennai.
MFM CURRICULUM :
The Masters Fellowship in Micro-Endodontics (MFM) Curriculum is spread over a period of 6 months as Module 1, Module 2, Clinical Case Evaluation & Practical Exam using DENTAL OPERATING MICROSCOPES ONLY that include the following CORE TOPICS.
CORE TOPICS (Theory, Pre-Clinical & Clinical Work) :
- MAGNIFICATION :
- Introduction to Magnification.
- Magnification Tools & Parameters.
- DENTAL LOUPES :
- Magnification number, Factor & clinical application.
- Field of View determination.
- Single Lens / Galileo Lens / Prismatic Lens types.
- IPD, Working Distance, Declination Angle, Illumination etc.
- Selection Criteria.
- OPERATING MICROSCOPES
- Getting started with Microscopes.
- Basic Physics & Parts of Operating Microscopes.
- Basic Operations & Optics of Microscope.
- Fixed / Variable objective Lens.
- Diopter Adjustment for use with / without specs.
- Parfocality, IPD determination, Focusing etc.
- Ergonomics : Posture & Basic chair Positioning for Microscopy.
- Hand-mirror-scope coordination for Maxillary & Mandibular teeth.
- Operatory Set-up for microscopes / Mounts / modifications of existing operatory.
- Selection of Micro-Armamentarium (FS Mirrors, Micro mirrors etc. )
- DOCUMENTATION :
- Incorporation / Types of Beam Splitters (80 : 20 / 70 : 30 / 50 :50).
- Adapters and Mounts for Sony / Nikon / Canon etc.
- DSLR / Camcorder / C mount / In-built documentation methods.
- Still photos / Video documentation.
- BASIC MICRO-ENDO :
- Micro / Ninja / Truss / Caries Driven access cavity.
- Methods of Isolation of mutilated / rotated / inaccessible teeth with Physical & Liquid Dam.
- Ultrasonic Tips for Irrigation / Access Refinement / Calcifications / Instrument retrieval.
- Access Refinement using Ultrasonic Tips.
- Tracing MB2 / Extra canals.
- Management of Pulp Stones / Calcifications / complete obliteration of canals.
- Irrigation protocols using Ultrasonic / Sonic.
- LASERS in Endodontics.
- Thermoplastic Obturation / Warm Vertical / Carrier based obturation techniques.
- Post Endodontic Restorations – Overlay / Tabletop / Cuspal coverage / Post etc.
- ADVANCED MICRO-ENDO :
(Re-treatment, Retrieval of separated instrument, Perforation Repair etc)
- RETREATMENT – Case Selection, GP Removal, Ledge management, work-flow & technique for specific cases.
- How to minimize instrument separation.
- Bypassing techniques & protocols.
- Instrument retrieval – when & where to attempt.
- Step-wise Instrument retrieval techniques.
- Use of Ultrasonic Tips – specific size, no & shape for retrieval.
- Staging Platform / Burrow Platform © techniques.
- Band & Loop Technique (Lasso method).
- Micro-tube retrieval techniques.
- Instrument retrieval kits and their applications.
- Management of Coronal & Radicular perforations.
- Handling & applications of MTA / MTA Based / Bio-Ceramic sealers.
PRE-CLINICAL EXERCISES :
CENTRE WILL PROVIDE :
- All Pre-Clinical work will be done ONLY under Microscope WITH Documentation at Access Dental Institute.
- Individual Microscopes will be provided for every candidate for all the exercises.
- Multiple Brands of microscopes (Zeiss, Labomed, Sanma, Seiler, Optofine, etc) will be provided for all candidates to facilitate compare & contrast between the brands.
- Loupes – Multiple magnifications / Working distance / brands to select.
- Extracted teeth / Phantom mount for Indirect vision.
- Endo Micro access bur.
- Ultrasonic Scaler units.
- Ultrasonic Tips for access refinement.
- All Consumables – K Files, Irrigants, Solvents, Mask / Gloves etc.
- Thermaprep Oven, Warm GP units.
- MTA / Bio-ceramic sealers.
- Instrument retrieval – Ultrasonic scaler units & retrieval tips.
CANDIDATES SHOULD BRING :
- Airotor Hand-piece.
- Micro-motor Contra-angle handpiece.
- Endo Motor.
- Rubber Dam Kits / clamps / (sheets will be provided).
- Extra-teeth for practice.
CLINICAL WORK :
- All Clinical work should be done ONLY under Microscope WITH Documentation.
- Clinical work can be done at Saveetha Dental College / Candidates clinic / Candidates work place as per the preference of the candidate.
- At Saveetha Dental College, Individual microscopes with Documentation and patients will be provided.
- Candidates have to submit 20 documented cases done under Microscopes which can include :
- Cases of Special Anatomy – Extra canal (MB2, DB2, Middle mesial etc), Vertucci configuration cases, Deep splits etc) :
- Micro / Truss / Caries Driven access.
- Vital Pulp Therapy using current protocols of Biomaterials.
- Re-treatment (Ledge management, Missed canals, GP retrieval etc) :
- Separated Instrument retrieval.
- Post Endodontic Restorations – Onlay / Overlay / Table top / Post etc.
- Miscellaneous cases of special interest.
- EVALUATION & PRACTICAL EXAMINATION :
- Evaluation 1 – After 3 months : Submission of 10 documented cases with case discussion with External Evaluator.
- Evaluation 2 – After 6 months : Submission of 10 documented cases with case discussion with External Evaluator.
- Practical Exam – Following Evaluation 2 : Clinical Endodontic Work using Microscope on patient – Access opening, Tracing of Canals, Shaping upto Master cone selection held ONLY at SAVEETHA DENTAL COLLEGE duly evaluated by 2 examiners (Internal & External).
- CERTIFICATION : Candidates after successful completion of Practical examination will be Awarded “MASTERS FELLOWSHIP IN MICRO-ENDODONTICS” (MFM) duly affiliated and accredited with SAVEETHA UNIVERSITY.
COLLEGE WILL PROVIDE FOR PRACTICAL EXAM :
- Dental Chairs.
- RVG X-ray.
- All Consumables – Irrigants, LA, Syringes, Solvents, Mask / Gloves etc.
CANDIDATES SHOULD BRING FOR PRACTICAL EXAM:
- Airotor Hand-piece.
- Micro-motor Contra-angle handpiece.
- Endo Motor, Apex Locator.
- Entire Endodontic Armamentarium (Burs, K – Files etc).
- Ultrasonic Tips.
- Rubber Dam Kits / clamps / (sheets will be provided)
- White Coat.
PROGRAM FEE :
The Masters Fellowship program fee is INR 2,00,000 /- (Two lacs only) inclusive of University affiliation, Certification & Examination Fee, College fee, Clinical material, consumables etc.
FOR COURSE DETAILS AND REGISTRATION
Contact Dr Hawwa – 9176621536 / Dr Narasimhan – 98400 93440.
Account Name: Saveetha Dental College Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics CME
Account No: 1248135000002664
Bank: Karur Vysya Bank
Branch: Poonamalle High Road Branch
IFSC Code: KVBL0001248
The course was very useful ; The lectures were clear & precise with clinical relevance. Could be better if break timing is increased…
- Dr Gowthami (Chennai)
Got a very clear idea of RCT procedure ; Excellent overall experience. LIVE RCT on patient was very clear with clear demo
- Dr Thara (Chennai)
The course experience was great and feeling updated. Was able to adapt to Indirect Vision Exercises