Instructions during Root Canal Treatment
RCT is a painless procedure which is done under Local Anesthesia, completed mostly in 1 – 2 visits. During the course of the treatment please FOLLOW the simple instructions given below for a pleasant experience.
- If your dentist has prescribed any medication to be taken prior to treatment, DON’T forget to have them.
- Be calm & relaxed on the dental chair. Don’t anticipate pain.
- The Local anesthetic effect will take about 2-3 hours to subside during which it is a bit difficult to have food…hence plan accordingly. There will not be any loss of consciousness, so the patient can comfortably resume his routine work after the treatment and can self-drive too.
- After RCT, some patients may experience mild discomfort for about 2-3 days which is normal.
- Do not skip the tablets prescribed whether pain is present or not.
- Please AVOID biting any hard foods / meddling with tongue on the Root Canal treated tooth till completion of treatment.
- DO NOT have very hot or very cold beverages during the course of the treatment.
- Normal Brushing can be continued on the Root Canal treated tooth.
- After completion of RCT, CAPPING the Root Canal treated tooth with a CROWN is a MUST in most situations to avoid fracture and failure of RCT.
- In case of any Emergencies / Clarifications…please contact your ENDODONTIST / Dental Office for assistance.
What We Do
044-49592349 (4:00 pm - 8:00 pm)
The course was very useful ; The lectures were clear & precise with clinical relevance. Could be better if break timing is increased…
- Dr Gowthami (Chennai)
Got a very clear idea of RCT procedure ; Excellent overall experience. LIVE RCT on patient was very clear with clear demo
- Dr Thara (Chennai)
The course experience was great and feeling updated. Was able to adapt to Indirect Vision Exercises